Teeth Whitening: An Overview
Often, our patients visit our office looking for ways to whiten their smiles. Garner Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is happy to help with this issue. We offer customized take-home teeth whitening kits as a part of cosmetic dentistry services which allow you to achieve a brighter, whiter smile from the comfort of your own home!
Over the counter whitening solutions often irritate your gums and do not reach all of your teeth evenly due to their one-size-fits-all approach. We recommend our custom-fit trays for a safer, more comfortable whitening experience. Additionally, you’ll achieve more consistent results with our whitening trays because they are designed to fit snugly over every tooth in your smile. Dr. Matthew Jenne and our team will ensure that you know how to properly administer the kit before sending you home with your custom teeth whitening solution.
If you are interested in one of our customized teeth whitening trays, make sure you consider all of the benefits. Our whitening trays provide you with:
- Maximum comfort: The ability to do your whitening treatment in your own home, at a time that is most convenient for you, and with trays that are customized to fit your smile.
- Efficient: The whitening solution gel that is provided in our trays is much stronger than what is available in supermarket whitening kits. This allows you to see your whitening results faster!
- Professional results: Nothing is worse than finishing your teeth whitening only to come out with blotchy teeth. Our trays fit your smile snugly so that the end result of your smile is consistent.
Alternatives to Teeth Whitening
Sometimes our patients find that the stains on their teeth need a stronger approach than a custom-fit whitening tray. Dr. Wingate offers other cosmetic dental solutions, including:
- Tooth Bonding – a tooth-colored resin that is applied over the top of any damage or discoloration
- Porcelain Veneers – the placement of a porcelain shell over the existing tooth
- Dental Crowns – reducing the original tooth down so that it can be replaced with a full prosthetic cap
Teeth Whitening: What to Expect
You will need to meet with Dr. Jenne for an initial consultation to ensure that your tooth discoloration or any stains are optimal for receiving whitening treatment. Some tooth stains can be more resistant to bleaching solutions than others. We will ensure that our take-home whitening tray is the best option to meet your cosmetic needs during this consultation. We may recommend cleaning before your initial use of our whitening trays so that you start off with a clean smile with no plaque build-up in the way to distort the color of your teeth.
Afterward, Dr. Jenne will take dental impressions of your entire mouth to ensure the best fit of your whitening tray. This will ensure the most comfortable fit and an optimal result from your take-home kit. When the custom-fit trays are ready to be picked up, we will give you a call so you can start your whitening process as soon as possible!